The BarDIMM Box is an intelligent barcoding solution that connects to HP-compatible printers and allows for easy barcode printing from SAP, ERP, Unix and Windows applications.
Suitable for use with any PCL5e USB or LAN printer, the BarDIMM Box can be quickly connected to your network, or directly to a USB printer. You can use it to quickly and efficiently print 1D or 2D barcodes on documents output by Windows, SAP R/3 or ECC, Oracle or custom applications.
BarDIMM Box brings BarDIMM technology to all PCL5e compatible printers, so that you can quickly and accurately print barcodes from any printer equipped with USB or LAN connectivity.
Please note, BarDIMM Box is a hardware solution that supports one printer, via a USB or network connection. If you need to print barcodes from more than one printer, you may need to acquire more BarDIMM Box units. You could also consider opting instead for BarSTORM, an intelligent print server with BarDIMM technology inside that is capable of printing barcodes from up to fifty different networked printers.
Need advice on or assistance with the BarDIMM Box barcode printing solution? Call Top Barcodes on 01489 505 075 and speak with a highly experienced technical support operative today.
The advantages of BarDIMM Box
- Easy to Install: connect BarDIMM Box on the LAN or to the USB port of the printer.
- Turns any compatible USB printer into a LAN printer
- Universal: supports more than 80 types of barcodes.
- Plug&Play in Windows application, standard activation through the application font menu (click here for for information).
- BarDIMM Box is supported by SAP R/3 and ECC since V3.x.
- BarDIMM Box is easily usable in PCL/SCS mode from AS/400 and from Unix systems using the included Freescape technology.
- BarDIMM Box supports almost every barcoding symbology, including 2D barcodes, at any size and direction, with a high resolution (600 dpi).
- Checks and validates incoming data.
- Error messages when barcode data is NOT valid for the active symbology.
- Automatic Checksum calculation and data compression.
- Text is automatically printed under the bars, formatted and scaled by the printer.
- Supports Code/EAN/UCC 128 (with automatic switch between sets A, B and C).
- Supports 2D barcodes: PDF417, UPS Maxicode, DataMatrix, QRCode, Aztec, Codablock, RSS CC
Fast and accurate: used in PCL 5e mode, at 600 dots per inch (dpi).
- BarDIMM Box includes the EURO symbol for legacy systems and printers.
- Freescape technology to replace Escape char with an ASCII character, configurable from the printer front panel menu and through escape sequence.
- BarDIMM Box is delivered with a developers guide for quick and easy integration in custom developments.
- BarDIMM Box includes an extensive library of scalable symbols used on labels and shipping/manufacturing documents.
- BarDIMM Box features Flash storage capabilities, to keep forms, logos and fonts loaded in the printer for faster throughput
Unlike some barcode solutions, which merely add fonts to a PC or printer, BarDIMM Box actually extends the PCL5e language with its own innovative barcoding language which has been adopted by many industry leaders such as SAP. Barcode formatting, error detection and checksum calculation are performed by the box, reducing the load on the host. Barcodes can be printed in almost any size or rotation, bar width and height. Caption text can be embedded in the bars or printed above or below the bars in a variety of fonts and sizes.
More than 80 barcode types, scalable, 1D and 2D
BarDIMM Box adds all the barcoding intelligence to your hp LaserJet with more than 80 barcode types, from the simplest 1D barcodes to the most complex and recent 2D barcodes. No programming is required to print professional barcodes: the printer does the job automatically, from checking and compressing incoming data, calculating checksum, to writing text under or above the bars. Furthermore, it features OMR codes for folding/inserting mailroom machines as well as an extensive list of fully scalable manufacturing, safety and Euro currency symbols used by most companies.
Works natively with SAP R/3, SAP ECC, ERPs
BarDIMM Box is Plug&Play with many ERP applications, including SAP R/3 and ECC. It is also usable from Oracle, Peoplesoft or JD Edwards or any ERP generating PCL5elanguage for HP LaserJet printers.